14 November 2011

Blogger2Blogger #3 - Emma

Hello I'm back again with another gorgeous Blogger, Emma from 'The Glittery Details - A Beauty Blog'.


*************************


"A blog made by a 17 year old British female. Displaying a passion for all things beauty related and girly through words and pictures."

**************************************************


Hello! I hope your'e all fired up for the questioning! It's not too gruelling, don't worry!
Hello! I definitely am! - slightly nervous though hehe

How long have you been Blogging for?
I have had a tumblr for almost a year now, but I have been proper blogging (on blogger) for about 4 months now!

Why did you start Blogging? Did someone/ something inspire you?
Yes! after watching countless beauty youtube videos and reading through hundreds of beauty blogs - i thought 'I want to be apart of this - so why the hell not!' - also everyone with in the community seems to be very friendly!

Were you scared to start Blogging to strangers?
not so much scared but nervous! I just kept thinking what if no one like what I write haha! I was also quite embarrassed about it and still am a little bit.

How easy do you find Blogging? Html/ time/ money wise.
It can be quite hard! Along side college and the extra homework I get it can be difficult  to find the time to do, also having the money to buy the products to blog about is a challenge as I don't work - but I try, also my boyfriend likes to treat me so that helps! But the hardest part is the html and editing the layout - I just do not understand it haha! 

Which audience is your Blog aimed at? Please also describe your Blog.
My blog is cute and girly with a pink and white theme (I <3 pink!). It is place with some reviews/opinions and pictures with swatches about different kinds of beauty products - with some personal and jewellery posts thrown in too! I feature mainly drugstore products as they are what I can mostly afford although I do have some higher end products on there as well.
I aim my blog at girls who are also beauty obsessed! I love to interact with other bloggers and find out their views and opinions on products!

Do your friends & family know of your Blog? Are they supportive?
Only my boyfriend and a couple of my close friends know about my blog as I am still quite nervous about it! But they are all supportive - especially my boyfriend - he loves reading my posts and seeing comments and that :)

Would you like to still be Blogging in 5 years time?
I would love to be doing this in 5 years!- that would be amazing! not too sure my purse will like it so much haha!

Do you see yourself having a potential career from your Blog?
I haven't really thought about it! But probably not - im doing this as a hobby and a passion, im not really looking for anything more. On the other hand a career of blogging sounds fab!

What are the pro's & con's of having a Blog?
The pro's would be 1) being able to talk and connect with people who have similar interests to you 2) it is a place where you can be who ever you want to be and write about what you wish 3) being able to kind of research products that you want to buy and find swatches and other peoples opinions on it before buying it so you do not regret it!
The only con I can think of is that you can get a little disheartened when you do not get many comments or views - but it is all in good time!

How much time & effort a day/week do you put into your Blog?
I would say that I put quite a lot of effort into it but time is my main obstickle! I try to post about 4/5 times a week as everyday can be a little challenging. Put when putting together a post I spend about an hour and a half making sure the pictures are okay and I haven't made any spelling mistakes! I spent about 4 hours the other night changing the layout! 

Has Blogging changed your life?
Not dramatically but I do spend alot of time blogging and looking at other blogs! It has also given me a place to escape to where I can just relax and write up my own opinions! 

What is your holy grail beauty product?
Foundation with out a doubt! Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection to be exact! (there is a review on my blog). I some times have problem skin and this always helps to cover it - I also find that just applying foundation helps me wake up abit a look much more refreshed!

Have you any wise words for those unsure or new to Blogging.
Just be yourself, write about what you want to and how you want and the rest will come!

What do you think of this new feature?
I think it is a great way to connect bloggers that may not otherwise find your blog!

Random last one! Which sweet best describes your personality and why?
Mint Areos as I am bubbly!


**************************************************
I recommend you all check out Emma's blog!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I'm your new Follower! I hope you visit my blog sometimes.. Thank's!! :)
    Kisses from VV!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please drop me an email at hushedsecrets@gmail.com