07 November 2011

Top Tip - Header

Hello readers! 

I thought it was about time for another Top Tip, and this week it is about Blog headers. 

*************************

When you first start out with a Blog it may seem difficult trying to perfect the header of your Blog and will more than likely end up frustrating you! I know from experience that it took ages trying to figure out how I wanted mine to look, whether I wanted images, fancy writing, borders and so much more. So I am here with a few handy links and advice which should hopefully help you out. 

Blogger does offer an wide and varied range of fonts for your chosen header name however if you still don't find any that you like then this is what to do...

Creating a header is simple...as long as you have either Photoshop, Paint or even Powerpoint! I used Paint and opened up a blank rectangular sheet like the one below. 


I used my favourite site dafont.com  and downloading a font style (they have so so many to choose from, its great!). To download a font style and then use it is pretty easy and all info can be found on the site so don't fret. I typed in my header choice which was "hushedsecrets", chose the colour and format; and I then saved it as a Jpeg. Go onto the 'Design' tab on your Blogger dashboard and click on the header 'Edit', this will bring up a new pop-up window where it will give you varies options - in my case, and what I suggest to do in order for yours to look like mine, tick the "instead of title and description' which will then remove any text you had in place as part of your header. Upload your Jpeg file of your newly designed header and hey presto it is up and ready to be admired at! To adjust the widths either simply adjust the width of your Blog using the 'Template Designer' or make the rectangular sheet on Paint larger. 

*************************

The new craze of writing text filled with an image is floating heavily around the Blogesphere lately and so I thought I would share with you my own method. 
Step 1: Open Powerpoint
Step 2: Insert Word Art text
Step 3: Type in your header name
Step 4: Highlight your text 
Step 5: Click 'Text Fill' 
Step 6: Slick 'Picture'
Step 7: Choose picture then upload
Step 8: Copy text into Paint then save

*************************

If you don't feel like you can design a header to suit your needs then I highly recommend you check these Blogs out as they will do it for you for a small price. 
http://rachinald.blogspot.com/ has designed various Blogs including http://www.beautycfw.com/
*************************

Has this helped you?
What do you think of this week's Top Tip?

3 comments:

  1. ThankyouThankyouThankyou for posting this! I'd been wondering how to fill text with an image for so long and thanks to your wonderful post I have a new header, woo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I've been wanting to do this for ages and I'll be trying it out tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Ive been wondering how people have cool looking blogs, now my header is nothing special but much cooler than before thank you... im following to keep my blog looking cool haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please drop me an email at hushedsecrets@gmail.com